Sunday, November 18, 2007

Recipe Roundup - Favorite Side Dishes


With Thanksgiving about at the door, I thought it would be fun to Round Up some favorite side dishes.

If you have one you'd like to share, you may add it in the comments, or post it to your blog with a link to this post and then come back to sign up with Mr. Linky!

This dish was brought to us when a friend from church made a baby meal after the birth of our second child. We absolutely love this cranberry salad - It will be hard to try a new recipe because I don't think any beat this! If you try it, let me know what you think!

Jill's Cranberry Salad
6 oz cherry Jell-O
2 c hot water
2 1/2 - 3 c sugar
20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
1 lb fresh or frozen cranberries
6 large apples
1/2 c chopped walnuts

Dissolve Jell-O in hot water. Add sugar and pineapple. Put the cranberries and apples in a food chopper and then stir them in to the Jell-O mixture. Add walnuts just before serving, to keep them from getting soggy. Serve with whipped topping.













1 comment:

Just Mom said...

I'm linking to my favorite side dish of all time -- so far. My son isn't a big turkey eater, so this filling side dish is perfect.